Saturday, October 13, 2012

ON Fitting Room Reviews

Old Navy recently released a high value coupon for 30% off your entire purchase valid only this weekend (10/12-10/14).  I decided to stop by the store after work to check out what's in stock. Here's a quick rundown of some of the items I tried on.


I adore the bird print of this blouse.  The color scheme is so classic, and it's a fun print for casual wear or work.  The XS fit pretty well and the ruffle (not well pictured but along the neckline and the arm holes) adds a feminine touch.  100% cotton, so the material is also very breathable.  The shirt was on sale for $11.99 and my discount made the final price $8.39.

Verdict: Bought!


The XS fit perfectly.  I really liked the comfortable fit of this slouchy blouse.  It's made of 100% rayon, but the material feels so cool and light on the skin.  It's not a complete button-down, which I actually think is easier to wear tucked in.   I also like the un-tucked look for a more relaxed and casual vibe.  My phone didn't really capture the colors correctly, but even in person the orange version was not that flattering on.  The blouse is not on sale and priced at $29.94 ($20.96 after the coupon.).  

Verdict: Returned the blue.  Will hold out for better quality (possibly silk?).


Whoa, too big!  This was the smallest size of the blouse and it definitely does not fit me well.  If you are interested in this top, I would definitely size down.

Verdict: No.


Loved the color scheme of this top but also thought the fit wasn't too flattering.  I know it's supposed to be loose, but I'm not in the market for a maternity wear right now.  If you are interested in the blouse, I would definitely size down.

Verdict: No


This is a fun casual dress.  The color-blocked top adds a little bit of fun to this style.  Saw a very similar dress at the Gap as well.  It fit true to size.

Verdict: Not needed.

Tried this on in a size 0 regular.  The skirt was not my ideal pencil shape, maybe because it was a little too big on me.  Perhaps the petite version would be better.  I also thought the cut of the dress pouched out and really emphasized my hips in an unflattering manner.  However, the fabric felt comfortable and the stretch was actually really nice.  I would definitely try this out if I find a better size option.

Verdict: No

This sleeveless shirt is see-through and also quite baggy.  The fabric is light and airy.  Pockets are also a nice touch.

Verdict: No, not a good fit and didn't need it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!