Thursday, May 17, 2012

H&M Fitting Room Reviews

H&M recently released a high value 35% off one item coupon in celebration of Kara winning Fashion Star (valid until May 27).  Since I'm only really free until mid-June (start of residency, eek!), I wasted no time in heading over to see what shiny new item of clothing I could use the coupon on.  I circled through the store pretty quickly, since I had seen most of the items on my last shopping trip.  I grabbed four items that peaked my interest and headed to the fitting room.

Please excuse my teal bra peeking through, I did not bring a cami into the fitting room!



 
Size 2, item # 454690, $19.47 after coupon (original price $29.95)
This blouse has been on the racks for a while, but I was able to find a couple left in my store.  I had originally been eying this during my last H&M conscious collection shopping spree, but convinced myself I did not need it.  Whelp, since this coupon took off 1/3 of the cost and this was the last size 2 in stores, I decided that it was finally meant to be.  The material is very light and breathable.  It's made from 100% recycled polyester, so it's far from feeling soft (actually feels kind of like tulle).  The print, however, is definitely quite fashionable, and I can mix and match this top with a lot of other elements of my wardrobe.  The only other cons are that it is very sheer and the sleeves are a bit long on my short arms, but nothing a camisole/tank underneath and sleeve-rolling can't fix!
VERDICT: Purchased with coupon


Cobalt Pencil Skirt


Size 4, item# 643160, $11.70 after coupon (original price $17.95)
I've been looking for a vibrant blue pencil skirt since last fall, and I can finally cross it off my list! The size 4 was very form-fitting but still allowed a lot of movement. I also like the exposed gold zipper down the back.  The material is 98% cotton and 2% elastane.  I know that cotton skirts have an affinity for wrinkling easily, but I'm hoping this skirt won't look too bad since I'm on my feet and walking around all day long.  Currently, with my student debt, the J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt is slightly out of my price range (but once I become an attending, I'm coming for you!).  It's a little easier for me to justify spending less than $20 on a skirt that could very well get puked on. 
VERDICT: Purchased


Tweed Jacket in Pink with Black Trim

Size 2, item #055671, $32.50 after coupon (original price $49.95)
This jacket has also been on shelves for some time, but I finally decided to give it a try.  The material was pretty comfortable. Fit was okay in the shoulder area, but the sleeves were definitely too long.  I really like tweed tops on other people, but I'm not sure I can rock this look well.  I think I'll take baby steps and start out with a tweed skirt before I venture into tweed blazer territory.
VERDICT: Passed but still on the lookout for an affordable tweed skirt!


Snake Print Pleated Dress

Size 4, item# 976000, $12.96 after coupon (originally $34.95 but on sale for $19.95)
I am usually a size 2-4 on top, but this dress felt like it ran a little small in the chest area.  I think the print is fun for casual day wear, but I just didn't need it.
VERDICT: Passed

1 comment:

  1. I bought that pencil skirt in a different color and I got a lot of compliments wearing it..except mine was too tight I could barely breathe hahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!