Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox Review

I was so excited to open my second box, but my initial reaction was a little disappointment. Maybe my expectations were too high. After seeing other May boxes that look better than mine, I'm wondering if I just picked the wrong answers for my beauty profile. Once I took a closer look at what I received, I decided the samples were not too bad. These are all definitely products I have never bought.
 The special edition Gossip Girl Birchbox
  
 Description card

  
Dr. Jart BB cream.  
This was light and blended well with my skin. I don't normally wear foundation, so I might try this out for a wedding I have in the near future.


The contents of the wrapped package:
Color Club nail polish in "Disco Nap", Sugar Rose tinted lip treatment, Twistband Hair Tie

The Sugar Rose lip treatment looks more pigmented than it does once you actually use it.  It glides on very smoothly and looks very natural, with only a slight pink tint.  I love that it has SPF 15!  This is pretty expensive, so I'm not sure if I'd actually spend the money to buy it.  Sephora is also offering a free 2 lip treatment pack to Beauty Insiders on their birthday this year!


The Color Club polish is fun and shimmery.  No glitter in this polish, but the metallic sheen still makes it pop.  I painted my toenails this color.  Here is a close-up.

XOXO greeting card and envelope.  Not sure when I'll be using this one.

Atelier Cologne in Vanilla Insensee. Came with a postcard.  The cologne smells warm and inviting.

Overall most excited about the lip balm and the nail polish.  I could definitely go without fragrance samples in the future...I have way too many anyway.  I also feel like BB cream and last month's tinted moisturizer are pretty similar.  I guess I wanted to try out Birchbox to see if it would introduce me to really new and exciting beauty and skincare products that I would never pick up on my own.  I think I'm going to give it 1-2 more months, but I'm just not sure it's worth it to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!