Saturday, September 22, 2012

H&M Spotted Print Shift Dress

Just a quick post about this dress, which is still in stores!  I had seen this print on several blogs in pant, top, and dress form.  I thought this print might be a little too much out of my comfort zone, so I had avoided it initially.  However, a few weeks ago I decided to try it on at H&M.  While it is shapeless on it's own, I really like the look of this dress with a belt to accentuate one's own natural waistline.  Every time I've worn it since I bought it, I have received so many compliments.  Just goes to show you that it pays to try stepping out of your comfort zone every once in a while!


 Item # 259736, price $29.95
For reference I am wearing a size XS, which has a loose and comfortable fit.
The material is viscose, polyester and elastane.  The fabric is pretty thick with no lining.  There is an exposed, gold quarter-length zipper in the back.  Very boxy if worn un-belted.

This was the fit of the dress off the rack:

And here with a belt to define the waist.  It's hard to see the color, but it's a skinny red belt (a $1.99 clearance find from ON!)


Remember to join the email list to receive 20% off one item at H&M!

2 comments:

  1. I never like to buy Shift dresses but then I forget that a belt can change the whole dress...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, thanks for sharing with us.
    Searching for is one of the Best Petite Clothing Store in the USA visit Azupetite. We provide the most-widest collection of straight jeans including petite dresses at the most affordable price. Here you can check out the latest fashion trends in our store. Explore now for more info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!