Sunday, September 2, 2012

2012 Labor Day Sale Fitting Room Reviews (Gap Outlet, HM, J.Crew Factory)

Hello, all!
I just stopped by a few stores on my wonderful day off and took a few photos to share with you.  Don't forget about this H&M coupon or this J.Crew Factory coupon!

GAP Outlet
Extra 40% off clearance.  Found some pretty good deals!

White Crochet Lace Dress with Sleeves
 
Item # 130518002. Pictured is a size 2.
I actually love this dress for casual wear.  Fully-lined with a back zip. It's on sale for $29, originally $75!  The lace seems like it snags pretty easily, but it's such a pretty dress.  The smallest size left was a 2, so I took it home to ponder.

Polka Dot Dress in Navy
Item # 8866100046. Pictured is a size 0.
Also fully-lined with a side zip.  This dress was a whopping $9, originally $60.  (40% off of $14.99...woop woop!).  Now that's what I call a good deal :) The size 0 was very constricting at the waist band, so it should fit someone smaller than me.  The next smallest size was a 4, but it should only require minor alterations.
VERDICT: Took both home with me!

H&M
I am a huge fan of the J.Crew Minnie Pant, and I wear my black pair to death.  The fabric is super comfy and I love the way it fits my legs.  I don't, however, love the price tag.  I was about to try out the J.Crew Factory version (the Winnie) in red, since I've heard it's pretty much the same pant but much cheaper, but held off when I found this H&M dupe. Of course the fabric is not as nice and it doesn't quite stretch as much, but it's only $12.95! I figured this would be a good experiment and if I'm actually reaching for these pants often, I'll go for the Winnie next time.  My store also had a burgundy color that sold out, so I'll definitely check back for it at least one more time.
 H&M red pants with side zip (pictured is a size 2).  Also wearing J.Crew striped classic tee.
No pockets womp womp

 H&M dot blouse ($14.95) and green side-zip pants
VERDICT: Bought both pants and the dot blouse.  For the pants I sized up to a 4, because it felt a little too snug around my hips. I think my total was like $35...crazy!


J.Crew Factory
My store was actually really picked over, but I have been keeping tabs on this skirt for some time.  The store had 40% off clearance items.  Since this skirt was not on clearance (full price $79.50), the Labor Day discount was 30% off.  


VERDICT: The material of this mini is not actually tweed.  It's really just an abstract print mini-skirt that looks like tweed in photos. Size 00 fit well. I didn't really think it was worth $55, so I'm going to hold out for a better sale.  The Factory version of the Edie purse is on sale for $76 and I was very tempted, but didn't go for it.  J.Crew version is $238 and Factory version is 40% off of $158, with an additional 20% with the coupon.


2 comments:

  1. I have the polka dot blouse from H&M! You can see it here if you like:
    http://earnestyle.blogspot.com/2012/09/simple-saturday.html#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering how you can look fashionable and stylish with the latest trends by spending less? Then you must grab the Gap Labor Day 2020 Sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!