Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trina Turk for Banana Republic Launch Event and Fitting Room Reviews

I was so excited to head over to the Philly Banana Republic store this evening for the BR Trina Turk launch.  I couldn't wait to see the collection in person.  It also didn't hurt that they were offering free refreshments and hors d'oeuvres to all customers!

Wine bar

My glass of chardonnay and a chocolate covered strawberry and smoked salmon appetizer.  I didn't snap a pic of the white chocolate mousse on a chocolate shell with raspberry and mint garnish, but it was delish.




The 0P fit me nicely.  I love that this dress is 100% silk.  The price ($130) is quite fair for the quality and material.  The botanical print is so whimsical and fun that it makes me want to throw this on for a garden party on a warm summer's day.  Too bad I don't have any of those in my future.  Ultimately I decided to hold off on this purchase...for now.

Silk bow top and botanical print shorts

I didn't love the way the top fit on me but I LOVED these shorts.  The botanical print is my favorite, and the material is so comfortable (I think it was 98% cotton and 2% spandex).  I thought the cut was also quite flattering.  The 0P fit me really well.  The only reason I held back from purchasing the shorts are that I won't be able to wear them often once residency starts.  So cute though!




Also 100% silk. I think this print is so beautiful, but I did not like the elastic strapless component of this dress.  It seemed to squeeze my chest and underarm area in an unflattering way.

I hope Banana Republic does more designer collaborations.  In the future, I would love to see these bright prints on pencil skirts, hint hint.

Did you like the BR Trina Turk collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!