Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A New Coat and a New Journey

Now that I've graduated from medical school and my "summer break" is over, I'm officially starting out on a new journey.  This week marks the beginning of my 3 year long residency in pediatrics, and I'm excited/nervous/scared to start this new adventure (and sad that my days of no responsibility are over).


My outfit for the first day of my two week long orientation to the hospital.
BR embellished tee (old), H&M cobalt skirt (from this post), Coach purse (old), BR necklace (may still be in stores), Michael Kors Jet Set Watch, Target Pearce pumps


I don't normally wear heels to work since I'm on my feet all day, but I thought it looked better with the outfit.  Here's what I actually looked like for orientation :)

BR flats

While I was a medical student, I could only wear a short white coat.  As a petite female and wearing a coat that looked "different" from the doctors, patients routinely referred to me as "the nurse".  Needless to say, I was super excited to start sporting my long coat, even though I've been told I will still probably be mistaken for a nurse from time to time.  It's funny how the stereotype of a doctor being male and the nurse being female is still so prevalent in our society.

I ordered the XS coat, but, of course, the smallest size we were given was a "small regular".  So silly considering a large portion of my residency class are petite females.  Here is how hilariously large the coat is on me.

A little better with the sleeves scrunched

Just for fun, this is how the coat fits on my just under 6 foot tall boyfriend!


I have 3 of the same size coat, and I really don't want to pay for all of them to be tailored.  Since they are not supposed to be tight or form fitting, I only need to slim them a smidgen. I'm planning on throwing 2 in the dryer to see if they will shrink.  Bad idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!