Saturday, April 21, 2012

Amrita Singh Reviews and H&M necklace

I recently purchased two Amrita Singh necklaces from BeyondtheRack.com (BTR), a daily deal sample site similar to Ruelala or Hautelook. I chose the Amrita Singh Milot necklace in Amalfi Turquoise (originally $150) and the Shelter Island necklace in Coral Haze (originally $150, but marked down to $100).  These two necklaces were being sold at a much lower price than any other sample sale site I had seen in the past and were also only a fraction of their retail price! 
As you can see, I only paid $22.99 for the Milot and $24.99 for the Shelter Island.  Not a bad deal!

After putting my order in, I checked out BTR reviews and became a little nervous.  There are some pretty bad reviews out there, but I decided to wait and see.  BTR items don't ship out immediately, but I ended up receiving my package 14 days after I placed the order, which is within the estimated time frame I received.  Now onto the reviews...


The Milot necklace 

See my most recent outfit pairing with the Milot necklace here.

The Amrita Singh website description reads, "Length 18-20''. 18k gold-plated brass bib necklace with round resin beads. Adjustable lobster closure."
I would say this description rings true.  The necklace is very lightweight.  The turquoise resin beads look like coated glass or plastic beads up close.  The gold plating is very bright!



The Shelter Island necklace
The Amrita Singh website description reads, "Length 16-19'' adjustable chain. Pendant Length 2.75'' Width 2''. Smooth cabochon resin stones. Multi-stone flower drop. 18k gold plated over brass."
This necklace is my favorite of the two. I would say this description also rings true.  The necklace itself looks like it should be quite substantial but is actually quite light.  The resin beads are also very pretty and look like polished stone.  The gold plating here is more subtle. This necklace also looks pretty similar to the popular Amrita Singh Nello Necklace.  I played around with two different lengths below.


I also just wanted to quickly update about an H&M necklace that is in stores now.  This necklace looks very similar to the J.Crew Bubble Necklace, but is only $12.95.  It's really light and obviously very affordable.  The stones/beads (?) obviously do not look as nice as the J.Crew version and have a geometrical look to them instead of a smooth polished surface, but I think the overall look from afar brings about a similar appearance.  With the 20% off coupon available until tomorrow (4/22/12), this will be a steal at $10.36 + tax.  I chose to keep both Amrita Singh necklaces, and I returned this one.

 (please ignore that monstrosity in the background that is my closet)

If you would like an invitation, click here to sign up for Beyondtherack (referral link).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!