Tuesday, April 24, 2012

H&M Reviews

H&M, you really know how to get me into your stores! With last week's 20% off coupon, I popped into my local H&M to check out the inventory.  I had seen a couple of the items on other blog reviews, so I already knew what I was looking for.  Note: the coupon that I used has expired, but if you sign up for the mailing list on http://www.hm.com/us/ they will email you a coupon for 20% off one item (valid until 5/23/12).


Size 2, item #042750, $14.95 ($11.96 after coupon)
I really like the cut and feel of this dress.  It's made from 64% Lyocell, 33% cotton, and 3% elastane, with a lining made from 100% recycled polyester.  The material is thick and retains it structure well, but has a little give from the elastane.  It also looks like no other dress that I own, making it a unique addition to my wardrobe. Love the pockets too!
Verdict: Purchased.





Dress Size 4, item #021285, $14.95 ($11.96 after coupon)
This dress was available in two colors: coral pink and powder pink.  I really liked the delicate, feminine look of the powder pink version, but it was very sheer!  The material 70% organic cotton and 30% polyamide, with a lining of 100% recycled polyester.  The material is thin, feels a little flimsy, and the lining really is quite see-through in the lighter version, which is why I ended up choosing the darker color.  You'll need slim shapewear or undies with this skirt, because any lump or bump will stick out in this material.
Verdict: Purchased both but will keep the coral version.

White Sleeveless Blouse with Pockets (above)
Size 2, item #059678, $12.95 ($10.36 after coupon)
I have several shells for layering under cardigans, but none have the over-sized pockets like this sleeveless blouse.  This is just a great basic piece and the pockets and price are what sold me.
Verdict: Purchased.


Navy Polka Dot Dress
Size XS, item #031063, $34.99 ($28 after coupon)
Sorry for the not so great picture.  This dress is really form fitting and definitely hugs your curves.  The material is 95% viscose and 5% elastane, which makes it stretchable.  No lining.  I like the V-neck and the side ruching, but I wonder if this dress is maybe a little too tight on my hips.  When I tried to size up, the neckline gaped open.
Verdict: Purchased but will probably end up returning in favor of the Loft dresses that I bought.  My boyfriend liked this one and dubbed it "the sexiest" out of all the dresses I picked up, which means that I probably should not wear this to work haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!